Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My blessed fountain.

I'm having a frustrating morning. Extremely frustrating. The kind that seems to take over your body and turn you into the Growling Psycho. Praying hasn't seemed to help...mostly because I'm not sure I can pray for everyone's mouth to be zipped shut and leave me alone. And my praise & worship cd hasn't helped either. Finally I sat down with my coffee and read my Proverb for the day. (Being horribly bad at sticking to any kind of devotional book, I'm LOVING reading a chapter of Proverbs each day...or each day that I think of it. There are 31 chapters in Proverbs, so it's very handy. And they're extremely life-applicable.)

The title on this chapter (chapter 5) was about adultery. I admit, I had a fleeting thought something like "great, this isn't going to help either. I don't need a message on cheating today, I need a message about longsuffering." And yet, in the middle of it, I found a beautiful piece of poetry, one that's still applicable, even if I'm not in the middle of a bad marital situation.

"Drink water from your own cistern,
running water from your own well.
Should your springs overflow in the streets,
your streams of water in the public squares?
Let them be yours alone,
never to be shared with strangers.
May your fountain be blessed,
and may you rejoice in the wife of your youth."   (Prov. 5:15-18)

It's a good reminder. My marriage is RUNNING WATER to my life. It keeps it alive, sustains it, refreshes it, and makes it clean and beautiful. It is to be mine alone, and my fountain will be blessed for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know you stopped by!