Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy Epiphany!

Today is my birthday. I started this morning making a mental list of things that I would love to do today.

So far I have...
...eaten a yummy egg & cheese breakfast with a large glass of milk.
...had my coffee.
...decluttered the kitchen, living room, and hallway so I can enjoy my surroundings. :)
...unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, and washed the dishes too big for the dishwasher.
...gotten about 1 hour into my Netflix movie, "84 Charing Cross Road." Good flick for readers/authors. :)
...not lost my temper once with any of the kids.
...listened to vintage Amy Grant.
...got my and Morgan's laundry down and started.

I (1) did not get both boys to take a nap, as hoped, but Elijah was upstairs for a while. Unfortunately, Matthew woke up as I was putting Elijah down, so I (2) didn't get the Completely Alone time (and maybe nap) I was hoping for. And this morning (3) my favorite headband broke. :( Still, though, the pro/con numbers are in my favor.

Before bed, I plan still to...

...read some of Flylady's Body Clutter book, and maybe download her Control Journal.
...finish my movie.
...eat a yummy chicken-and-stuffing dinner made by my mother-in-law.
...enjoy some chocolate cake (that I made myself, which is totally fine because then I know I'll love it).
...have my lovely and comforting kahlua and cream.
...spend some birthday time out with Hubby doing who-knows-what.

So far, it's been nice. I've rolled with the punches. I think this year I created expectations for me, rather than creating expectations for someone else, hoping they'll MAKE a good birthday for me. It's MY birthday, and I'll plant my own rose garden. :)

1 comment:

  1. Great idea. I'm going to do this this year, since I can only control my own actions and reactions. I've tried a "non-expectation" birthday in the past, but I think I need a checklist. :)

    Happy birthday, friend!

    ReplyDelete

Please let me know you stopped by!