Monday, January 17, 2011

Joy.

I don't know if I'll be able to keep up with this. Heck, I don't even know if I'll remember I started it. But my friend Heatherly read about chronicling 100 Joys. She's well into the 60's on her blog. I haven't felt like I notice enough joy to remember long enough to blog about it.

(That sounds so pathetically self-centered, martyr-ish, and depressing, but I don't mean it to be that way. I simply mean that I feel my head is So Unbelievably Full of things that if it weren't for writing things down, I'd be utterly useless.)

But when taking a second to really think about "searching for Joy," I've decided I want to. I currently have an abundance of things that could bring (and, at times, have brought) me depression (and that I have sometimes let depress me), and I've realized it's time to start swimming the other way. See paragraph number one, but [1] is that now I get dear Heatherly's blogs sent to my email, which will mean I'll get them on my phone. Little doses of Joy in my pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know you stopped by!