Thursday, April 21, 2011

Insanity.

Insanity.

Tonight I went to Walmart (by myself) to buy Easter basket stuff for the kids (by myself). (I only mention it because it's something Hub and I usually do together, but this week is especially busy for him with being in the Living Last Supper on Friday: lots of rehearsals. The only day we'd be able to do it together is Saturday night, and that seems wrong somehow.)

I got the stuff for the baskets no problem, then started in on Morgan's tights, Elijah's shirt, and then thought I'd check for a shirt for Sabrina. She should have one, of course, but she's 13 and the chances of me finding something she'd think was acceptable were slim. But I looked anyway. It proved to be almost as much annoyance to do it without her there as it would be to do it with. It's not that I don't like shopping with her...when the time is right. But on the fly, it's not a pretty sight. Every shirt must be viewed, considered, and then possibly viewed again. Then, at the very end...she might have to look at shoes instead.

I was on the phone for the next hour, sending texts, sending pictures, asking which one she'd like better of the few I could find that she might like coupled with the few that we'd allow. After trying on two shirts of my own while waiting (BIG mistake, by the way; don't try on shirts while you're pms'ing, for one, and for another...just ICK...I was reminded again why I'm doing this Lenten journey), I decided I was just going to get this one shirt I was waiting for her answer on, and just take it back if she didn't like it, and go home.

I got home at 10:30. For the record, my ideal bedtime is 9:30, although I've just about never made it that early. One of our nephews was staying the night, so when I got home, he, Sabrina, and Hub were playing Mario. I joined in for a short while until Hub started using his Yoshi to bounce me all over the place, and then I gave up.

Just add it to the list of things you don't do while pms'ing. On the flip side, my kitchen table looks much better. (Or...it did, until we got pizza for dinner.) Here's praying for a better day tomorrow! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know you stopped by!