Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Less than halfway.

It's day...oh, something not that far in. Tomorrow makes two weeks, and I have not had any junk food. I've occasionally wondered, though, if our definition of "junk food" is a little loose. Tonight we had pizza. Earlier today, Jon had French fries, though I disagreed with him on that one. But at the same time, Elijah bought a Reese's ice cream bar this afternoon (with birthday money at Toys 'R Us) and as I was throwing away his wrapper, a small piece of chocolate fell on my hand...and I flicked it into the trash bag anyway. I did sigh/grumble as I did, though.

I have over a month to go. I have not noticed a bit of weight loss, but I did finally weight myself a week or so ago. It wasn't pretty, but it wasn't horribly more than I thought. A little, though, and that was enough. I have a baseline, and I'll weigh again on Easter, or somewhere thereabouts.

I've been okay on snacky foods -- things like smoothies and bowls of cereal or some healthy salsa have sufficed -- but there are times still when the meal doesn't feel complete without a sweet thing to finish it off. But I have resisted...even to the point of turning down Cadbury creme eggs from my brother in law when he didn't realize how far our abstinence extended. I felt worse about turning it down than about not being able to eat it, so I guess that's something.

This is a very boring post, but I felt it necessary to say the streak continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know you stopped by!